Looking for something to do with your little ones this winter? You’ve come to the right place! Boston Moms is thrilled to partner with Boston Children’s Museum to bring you this MOM’S EYE VIEW of their winter programming!
Boston Children’s Museum always has a ton of cool and interactive exhibits for children of all ages to enjoy, but their winter fun Snowmazing! Polar Playground is the perfect escape for seasonal themed fun without having to endure the bitter cold New England winter weather.
I was so excited to get a preview of the Snowmazing! fun at Boston Children’s Museum, and my son absolutely loved it! If you haven’t heard yet, guests are greeted by a twenty foot tall snowman as soon as they walk into the museum, and the sleigh right outside the door of the Snowmazing! Polar Playground is perfect for photo ops. My son and I had so much fun on the slippy, slidey sock skating rink and building castles out of ice blocks. The igloos, winter animals, and reading nook are also perfect activities for quieter playtime. Snowmazing! is the perfect winter wonderland without the dreaded cold. I highly recommend taking advantage of this adorable indoor playspace as well as all of the other fun that Boston Children’s Museum has to offer.
Watch Our "Mom's Eye View" of Snowmazing!
Also Happening At The Museum This Month:
- Play! Yarn Party, Jan 28, “Tie yarn in knots, add to our yarn mural, or wrap a whole chair in it. Celebrate children’s creativity and innovation with an open invitation to all ages! Activities change monthly”
- STEAM Sprouts: Exploring Sound (January) weekly on Wednesdays, 10-11:30am/2:30-
4pm, “Touch, tap, shake! Discover the sounds that both intruments and everyday objects make. Explore materials, practice using new tools, and discover something unexpected about the way things work. Enjoy STEAM activities designed specially to support toddlers’ natural curiosity about the world. Activity changes monthly.”
- STEAM Sprouts: Exploring Ice (February EXCEPT Feb Vacation week), weekly on Wednesdays, 10-11:30am/2:30-4pm, “Play with Ice! Feel it with your hands, move it around with tool, and watch how it changes as it melts. Explore materials, practice using new tools, and discover something unexpected about the way things work. Enjoy STEAM activities designed specially to support toddlers’ natural curiosity about the world. Activity changes monthly.”
- Lego Zipline, offered daily in the STEAM Lab, Jan 11 – Feb 5, “Design a Lego contraption that can successfully travel across a zip line!”
- Instant Scratch Art, offered daily in the Art Lab, Jan 4 – 29, “Discover doodling and drawing in a new and surprising way– making your own scratch art is an easy and satisfying activity that reveals a rainbow of colors.”