Happy cows make better milk… and better fudgesicles, too! We are so excited to partner with Organic Valley to bring you a recipe for fudgesicles you can feel good about: homemade with Organic Valley Milk!
I have been buying Organic Valley products for years. Truthfully, I started to purchase Organic Valley milk because my children require lactose-free dairy and it was a brand that I could find at the closest grocery store to my house! All moms know what it’s like to have to run out for milk, and I was glad to find a lactose-free option consistently stocked at a store just a minute down the road. From there, though, I started to find more Organic Valley products to try. Now, I regularly purchase Organic Valley milk, eggs, half and half, grassmilk half and half (you MUST try this – it’s delicious!) and egg bites for quick morning breakfasts for our busy family.
While I’ve been brand-loyal for some time, I actually had no idea about the history of Organic Valley. As someone who always tries to support local when possible, I was so excited to learn that Organic Valley is a cooperative owned by 1700 organic farmers and their families! In fact, you can learn about some of their New England farmers here!
For over three decades Organic Valley has been able to provide economic stability for family farmers and rural communities, with an unwavering commitment to bring ethically made organic food to families everywhere. Organic Valley believes that “happy cows make better milk”. I can say for certain that these happy cows make delicious milk, but if you’re interested in how Organic Valley does things differently to make better milk, I encourage you to scroll to the bottom of this post to read more!
If you are looking for a cool, homemade fudgesicle you can feel good about, I have the recipe for you! These are Block Family tried and approved, and on rotation during a hot Boston summer!
Homemade Fudgesicles with Organic Valley Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
- Click here to find Organic Valley Milk in a store near you!
- 1/2 cup brewed, cooled decaf coffee (it brings out the chocolate flavor, trust me!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Popsicle mold like this one
- Before turning on the stove: In a medium saucepan, mix together the brown sugar, cocoa powder and corn starch until mixture is well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of Organic Valley Whole Milk and whisk until smooth.
- Turn on the stove! On medium heat, stir mixture continuously. Slowly add in the remaining milk. The mixture will begin to thicken in about 8-10 minutes.
- As the mixture thickens, whisk in 1/2 cup of brewed, cooled coffee.
- Once the mixture resembles a loose pudding, remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring. Then, fill popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- When you are ready to eat, remove fudgesicle from freezer and enjoy! If the pop won’t loosen, run the outside of the popsicle mold under warm water for a few seconds to release it. Enjoy!
Organic Valley does things differently!
Organic Valley cows are outside 50 percent more than the organic standard leading to happier, healthier cows and better milk. Organic Valley cows live the way cows should – they spend more time outside, have more grass in their diet than organic standards require, and graze, roam and play on pasture.
As a cooperative made up of small family farms, Organic Valley herds are kept purposefully small, which allowing for a great deal of love and TLC!