We’re missing our typical Fourth of July celebrations this year, especially our beloved local parades! If you’re missing parades, too, we encourage you to make your own!
Round up the neighbors! We’re having a BICYCLE PARADE!
Streamers, stickers, ribbon, lights, pinwheels — whatever you can find! We found most of these items at the Target Dollar Spot or dollar store.
Free Printable + Bike Parade Graphic — Post this on your social media or print it out and hand it to your neighbors!
- Coordinate with your neighbors! Choose a date and time. Post the graphic on your social media or print it and hand it out to neighbors.
- Decorate your bikes, scooters, wagons, and strollers. You can use materials like those pictured above, or anything you have around the house! Don’t overthink it. Your kids will love the opportunity to decorate their bikes with anything you have on hand.
- Pick a meeting spot and make sure everyone knows where to meet. Ideally, you’ll start your parade at a quiet or central neighborhood meeting place.
- Make sure neighbors are outside and ready for the parade to roll by!
- RIDE! Make noise! Play music! Have fun!
Boston Moms would love to hear your ideas! How do you plan to celebrate the 4th of July with your family? Tell us in the comments!